Arthur B. Richter Scholarship in Research in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Arthur B. Richter Scholarship in Research in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - $1500
The Arthur B. Richter Scholarship in Research in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is designed to promote knowledge of psychiatric research and has the following requirements:
Designation of a Department of Psychiatry faculty mentor;
Selection of one of two options:
o Option 1: Commitment to work with the chosen mentor on an ongoing clinical or basic science research project with sufficient effort to support co-authorship on resulting publications. Expectation of a minimum of 50 hours during the fourth year of medical school with the goal of obtaining first-hand experience in psychiatric research. Possible activities include compliance training, direct involvement with research subjects, IRB-related effort, recruitment support, training on and conducting of assessment measures, and data entry.
o Option 2: Commitment to work with the chosen mentor to write a paper, case report, or review article intended for publication. Expected effort of a minimum of 50 hours during the fourth year of medical school will include the development of a topic; related lit searches; data compilation, review and analysis; manuscript writing and proofing; and journal submission.
One scholarship may be awarded annually to an IUSM third year medical student to be paid during the fourth year of medical school.
How to Apply
1. Complete your application online at Arthur B. Richter Scholarship in Research in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. You may submit your application anytime during your third year of medical school at IUSM.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2012
2. The application process requires:
- Submission of the name of the chosen faculty mentor (we will contact the faculty member for confirmation after your application is received);
- Designation of your choice of Option 1 or Option 2;
- A synopsis outlining the specific expectations for the chosen option as developed with the faculty mentor; and
- A statement documenting your satisfactory overall academic standing in IUSM courses.
Applicants will be notified by email when the application has been received.
Final candidates will be interviewed by the Richter Committee with notification of the final committee decision via e-mail no later than July 1, 2011.
The $1500 award will be paid in three installments of $500 based upon completion of milestones developed with the faculty mentor.
Please contact Vicki Anderson , Medical Student Coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at (317) 274-7483.