Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency FAQs
1. How do you apply to our program?
- Register with National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Complete and mail the Common Application and additional documents outlined in How To Apply
2. What is the deadline to accept applications?
- October 12, 2012 for 2013-2014 candidates
3. What are the minimum score requirements for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2?
- Step 1 minimum score: 85
- Step 2 minimum score: 80
4. Does your program require previous clinical experience in the United States or Canada?
- Yes, residents should have general psychiatry training from a program accredited by ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education)
5. Does your program accept international medical graduates?
6. Is an ECFMG certificate required for your application?
7. Does your program sponsor H1 or J1 visas?
- We sponsor J1 visas only
8. Are there other fellowship opportunities at IUSM?
- Addication Psychiatry (accredited program)
- Geriatric Psychiatry (accredited program)