- Training in the Protection of Human Subjects (IUPUI module).
- Training in Compliance (initially on hire and periodically as required by the School).
- Formal instruction and certification in administration and scoring of neuropsychological tests (first month of residency).
- Medical Neuroscience Wet Labs for anatomy instruction (3 sessions, 6 hrs total in the laboratory).
- Psychiatry Grand Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Neurology Grand Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Pediatric Neurology Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Board. Twice monthly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Functional Neuroanatomy and Neurobehavioral Syndromes short course. 10 hour sequence offered annually to neuropsychology residents, psychiatry residents, and psychology interns.
- Neuropsychology Case Conference. Weekly, 1.5 hours. Residents practice fact finding in the style of ABCN board certification, attend professional development seminars, and participate in neuroanatomy and neurobehavioral syndrome reviews.
- Neurology rounds. Once during the residency, 5 consecutive days.
- Neurosurgical procedure. Twice during the residency, 2 days.
- Clinicopathologic Conference and brain cuttings. Twice during residency, ½ - 1 hour.
- Geriatric Medicine Lectures. Optional weekly lectures on basic issues in geriatrics are presented by the Department of Medicine, 1 hour.