- Formal instruction and certification in administration and scoring of neuropsychological tests (first month of residency).
- Neuropsychology Case Conference. Weekly, 1.5 hours. Residents practice fact finding in the style of ABCN board certification, attend professional development seminars, and participate in neuroanatomy and neurobehavioral syndrome reviews.
- Neuropsychology Seminar Series - Monthly - 1.5 hour. Lectures and guided readings on 24 topics covering all major adult and pediatric neurobehavioral disorders.
- Functional Neuroanatomy and Neurobehavioral Syndromes short course. 10 hour sequence offered by Neuropsychology faculty to neuropsychology residents, psychiatry residents, and psychology interns.
- Medical Neuroscience Wet Labs for anatomy instruction (3 sessions, 6 hrs total in the laboratory).
- Training in the Protection of Human Subjects (IUPUI module).
- Training in Compliance (initially on hire and periodically as required by the School).
- Clinical Neuroscience Grand Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Psychiatry Grand Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Pediatric Neurology Rounds. Weekly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Board. Twice monthly during the academic year, 1 hour.
- Neurology clinic shadow or inpatient rounds. Once during the residency.
- Neurosurgical procedure observation. Once or twice during the residency.
- Clinicopathologic Conference and brain cuttings. Twice annually, ½ - 1 hour.
- Geriatric Medicine Lectures. Optional weekly lectures on basic issues in geriatrics as presented by the Department of Medicine, 1 hour.