Based on individual interest, initiative, and knowledge base, the resident can participate in one or more of these research activities during the residency:
- Randomized clinical trial of effect of exercise and cognitive training on mental abilities in people with MCI. Cognitive and Aerobic Resilience for the Brain, CARB (R01 AG045157), PI: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Longitudinal data from a multi-center clinical trial of a cognitive intervention for older adults. Advanced Cognitive Training for Independent and Vital Elderly, ACTIVE (U01 NR04508), PI: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Longitudinal data on risk factors for progression of MCI in primary care. Risk Factors for Conversion to Dementia, (R01 AG026096), PI: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Cross-sectional cognitive data on quality of life among long-term breast cancer survivors, Quality of Life in Younger Breast Cancer Survivors (American Cancer Society, RSGPB04-089-01-PBP), PI: Vickie Champion, DNS, RN, FAAN; Co-I: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Longitudinal data from a large, cross-national study on prevalence, incidence, and risk factors of Alzheimer disease. Indianapolis-Ibadan Dementia Project (R01 AG09956), PI: Kathleen S. Hall, PhD; Co-I: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Longitudinal data from a large registry of Alzheimer disease patients and matched healthy controls. Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center (P30 AG10133), PI: Andy Saykin, PhD; Co-I: Fred Unverzagt, PhD
- Industry-sponsored, clinical trial efficacy rating for Alzheimer disease. Co-I: Daniel F. Rexroth, PsyD
- Functional neuroimaging of addiction, obesity, and reward-related behavior (R01 DK085601, R21 AA018020, R01 AA017661, P60 AA007611), PI: David A. Kareken, PhD
- Functional neuroimaging of children and adults with TBI, epilepsy, and leukemia (R01 HD047242, Partnership for Pediatric Epilepsy Research, American Cancer Society, Indiana Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Research Fund), PI: Brenna C. McDonald, PsyD, MBA; Co-I: Gwen C. Sprehn, PhD
- MRI and PET imaging studies of cognitive disorders of aging and breast cancer chemotherapy (R01 CA101318, R01 AG019771), PI: Andrew J. Saykin, PsyD; Co-I: Brenna C. McDonald, PsyD, MBA.
- Neuropsychological findings in hemorrhagic stroke. Advanced Imaging of Ongoing Vasculopathy in Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ADVANCE) – CGSI Young Investigator Award in Clinical-Translational Research, Co-I: Gwen Sprehn, Ph.D.
- Neuropsychological findings in epilepsy. Visualase Ablation in Uni-Lateral Temporal Site (VAULTS), Co-I: Gwen Sprehn, Ph.D.