REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP
- By the end of the third rotation, achieving a High Intermediate or Advanced level of competency in at least 75% of competency areas with all competency areas at an Intermediate level or higher.
- Adequate progress during the program will be defined as achieving an Intermediate level of competency in all rated areas by the end of the first rotation and achieving a High Intermediate or Advanced level of competency in at least 50% of rated competency areas by the end of the second rotation with all competency levels at an Intermediate level or higher. If adequate progress is not being made, a remediation plan will be developed.
- Adherence to all applicable House Staff policies (http://medicine.iu.edu/residents/gme-house-staff-handbook), APA ethics code (http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx) and Indiana law (http://www.in.gov/pla/2613.htm).
- Completion of all core and specialty rotations agreed upon at the start of the training year unless modifications are agreed upon by the intern and training faculty.
- Completion of one full year of training. The internship starts the first working day of September, and concludes the last working day of August. No alterations of this time frame are possible except as noted in the Internship Leave of Absence Policy which can be found under the “Other Policies and Procedures” section of this website.
- Completion of a minimum 2000 clock hours of training activities, and a minimum of 500 hours of direct patient contact.
- Engaging in a minimum of four hours of supervision per week, at least two of which are regularly scheduled, individual, face to face meetings with a core or specialty supervisor.
- Attendance of at least 75% of Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds each week they are offered. Missed sessions may be made up by viewing the recordings of Grand Rounds.
- Attendance for the full afternoon of didactics each week they are offered unless leave has been approved consistent with the Internship Leave of Absence Policy.
- Attendance at Director’s Conference unless leave has been approved consistent with the Internship Leave of Absence Policy.